Monday, November 13, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Oneday strike under Cuttack North Division on 23.08.2017
Posted by Amulya at 12:55:00 PM No comments:
Friday, August 18, 2017
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
CADRE RESTRUCTURING COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 02.08.2017 IN DAK BHAWAN
CADRE RESTRUCTURING COMMITTEE MEETING
HELD ON 02.08.2017 IN DAK BHAWAN
The proposed meeting of the Cadre Restructuring Committee was held today (02.08.2017) in the Dak Bhawan with the Staff Side.
The Official Side was represented by the following officers.
i. Dr. Charls Lobo, Chief PMG, Karnataka as Chairman
ii. Ms. Smriti Saran, DDG(Establishment) as Member
iii. Shri J T Venkantaswarelu, PMG, Mails & BD, Chennai as Member
iv. Shri Ganesh V, Sawaleswarkar, PMG, Pune Region as member.
NFPE was represented by:
i. Com. R. N. Parashar, General Secretary, AIPEU, Gr-C, CHQ
ii. Com. J. Ramamurty, CHQ, President and Circle Secretary, Tamilnadu and
iii. Com. Bruhaspati Samal, Circle Secretary, Odisha Circle
The discussion was proceeded on the basis of the suggestions given by Postal JCA in its letter No. PJCA/Cadre Restructuring/2017 dated 17.03.2017.
The gist of the meeting is as follows.
1. After arguments and counter arguments, the Committee agreed to issue necessary orders and uniform guidelines for maintaining uniformity amongst Circles in allotment in distribution of Posts as follows in addition to Single and Double-handed post Offices. There may be alteration in allotment of LSG posts already allotted to the Circles
a. Each Gazetted Head Post Offices needs to create 3 LSG posts.
b. All pre-restructured HSG-I HOs and Grade – III HOs will have 2 LSG posts each.
c. All pre-restructured HSG-II HOs and Grade – II HOs will have one LSG post each.
d. All pre-restructured HSG-I MDGs and Grade – III Post Offices will have one LSG post each.
e. All pre-restructured HSG-II MDGs/ SOs and Grade – II Post Offices will have 1 LSG post each.
f. In-Charge of the PLI CPCs needs to upgraded to LSG.
g. Accountants in Divisional Offices and Head Post Offices will be identified as LSG.’
2. It was agreed that the Post of Treasurer will not be upgraded to LSG. In respect of the Circles where the proposal has already been implemented, the case will be reviewed.
3. Since the numbers of non-functional HSG-I Posts have already been restricted to 235 only, it is not possible to grant all HSG-I officials completing 2 years of service to NFG. There will be no identification of Posts as NFG since its is person-based. Only those senior most HSG-I officials completing two years of service will be promoted to NFG.
4. Directorate has not yet issued any general order for merger of IP Line HSG-I posts to General Line Posts. As such, the Committee cannot comment on such an aspect since beyond its terms of references. However, Staff Section will review and issue suitable orders.
5. Regarding one time relaxation of existing Recruitment Rules for promotion of all existing LSG to HSG-II and HSG-II to HSG-I posts, it was agreed by the Committee to make necessary recommendations for onward transmission to the nodal ministry.
6. No consensus was arrived for divisionalization of LSG cadre. However, it was agreed that all the LSG promoted officials will be allotted to Divisions instead of Regions for issuing posting orders within the Divisions by the respective Divisional heads.
7. There will be no identification of Posts in LSG Cadre for SAs, PLI Group Leader, BEs, MEs etc. But the persons already working in such posts if promoted to LSG may be allowed to work there as LSG without any disturbance.
8. Regarding amendment of norms for promotion to HSG-II (6 years in LSG) and to HSG-I (5 Years in HSG-II), the Committee opined that Recruitment Rules have to be changed which is not under the their purview. This may be examined by Staff Section.
9. No officiating arrangement or adhoc posting on HSG-II & HSG-I can be made now since there is dearth of eligible LSG and HSG-II officials.
10. Only Good bench mark will be applied for these promotions.
11. Debarring promotion after declination is the policy of the Govt. which is applicable to all the cadres including the P As. The committee can not act on the issue.
12. The issues of Postmaster Cadre will be dealt in separately.
13. In respect of P As working in Foreign Post Offices, they have to treated at par with others based on concerned Recruitment Rules. There will be no separate treatment of such posts.
14. The total present LSG posts and PA posts will be taken into account as a whole for deciding the strength of LR PAs.
15. The second phase of implementation in Tamilnadu circle is now put on hold, till the matter is decided by directorate after getting the recommendation of the committee’s report.
16. Sort fall in allotment of posts under cadre restructuring to Odisha circle will be made good.
(Sarada Prasad Das)
Cuttack North Division
Posted by Amulya at 8:52:00 PM No comments:
Friday, July 14, 2017
GOVT. ORDER ON HRA, TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE & TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE..
Posted by Amulya at 3:24:00 PM No comments:
Thursday, June 29, 2017
Highlights of cabinet approval of the 7th CPC on allowances
Highlights of cabinet approval of the 7th CPC on allowances
The Union Cabinet approved 7th CPC Allowances. The revised rate of allowance shall come into effect from 1st July,2017.
The Union Cabinet approved 7th CPC Allowances. The revised rate of allowance shall come into effect from 1st July,2017.
For most of the allowances that were retained, the 7th CPC recommended a raise commensurate with inflation as reflected in the rates of Dearness Allowance (DA). Accordingly, fully DA-indexed allowances such as Transport Allowance were not given any raise. Allowances not indexed to DA were raised by a factor of 2.25 and the partially indexed ones by a factor of 1.5. The quantum of allowances paid as a percentage of pay was rationalised by a factor of 0.8.
House Rent Allowance
HRA is currently paid @ 30% for X (population of 50 lakh & above), 20% for Y (5 to 50 lakh) and 10% for Z (below 5 lakh) category of cities. 7th CPC has recommended reduction in the existing rates to 24% for X, 16% for Y and 8% for Z category of cities. As the HRA at the reduced rates may not be sufficient for employees falling in lower pay bracket, it has been decided that HRA shall not be less than ₹5400, ₹3600 and ₹1800 for X, Y and Z category of cities respectively. This floor rate has been calculated @ 30%, 20% and 10% of the minimum pay of ₹18000. This will benefit more than 7.5 lakh employees belonging to Levels 1 to 3.
7th CPC had also recommended that HRA rates will be revised upwards in two phases to 27%, 18% and 9% when DA crosses 50% and to 30%, 20% and 10% when DA crosses 100%. Keeping in view the current inflation trends, the Government has decided that these rates will be revised upwards when DA crosses 25% and 50% respectively. This will benefit all employees who do not reside in government accommodation and get HRA.
At present, various types of allowances are paid for provisioning and maintenance of uniforms/outfits such as Washing Allowance, Uniform Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Outfit Allowance etc. These have been rationalised and subsumed in newly proposed Dress Allowance to be paid annually in four slabs @ ₹5000,₹10,000, ₹15,000 and ₹20,000 per annum for various category of employees. This allowance will continue to be paid to Nurses on a monthly basis in view of high maintenance and hygiene requirements. Government has decided to pay higher rate of Dress Allowance to SPG personnel keeping in view the existing rates of Uniform Allowance paid to them (which is higher than the rates recommended by the 7th CPC) as also their specific requirements. The rates for specific clothing for different categories of employees will be governed separately.
Children Education Allowance
(i) Rate of Children Education Allowance (CEA) has been increased from ₹1500 per month / child (max. 2) to ₹2250 per month / child (max.2). Hostel Subsidy will also go up from ₹4500 per month to ₹6750 per month.
(ii) Existing rates of Special Allowance for Child Care for Women with Disabilities has been doubled from ₹1500 per month to ₹3000 per month.
(iii) Higher Qualification Incentive for Civilians has been increased from ₹2000 - ₹10000 (Grant) to ₹10000 - ₹30000 (Grant).
Rate of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) for Pensioners has been increased from ₹500 per month to ₹1000 per month. This will benefit more than 5 lakh central government pensioners not availing CGHS facilities.
Allowances paid to D/o Posts
i. The recommendations of 7th CPC to abolish Cycle Allowance, granted mainly to Postmen and trackmen in Railways, has not been accepted. Keeping in view the specific requirement of this allowance for postmen in Department of Posts and trackmen in Railways, the cycle allowance is retained and the rates have been doubled from ₹90 per month to ₹180 per month. This will benefit more than 22,200 employees.
Sarada prasad Das
Cuttack North Division
Posted by Amulya at 11:29:00 AM No comments:
Saturday, April 29, 2017
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Monday, April 3, 2017
Irregularities on LSG Memo..
No. P3NFPE – Odisha / 13 – 03 / 2017
Dated at Bhubaneswar the 29th March, 2017
Dr. S K Kamila, IPoS
Chief Postmaster General, Odisha Circle
Bhubaneswar – 751 001
Sub : Submission of Resolutions adopted unanimously in the Circle Council-Cum-Working Committee Meeting on 26.03.2017 of AIPEU, Group-C, Odisha Circle
In spite of a series of correspondences to all concerned, meetings / discussions with Chief PMG, Odisha and with the Secretary (Posts), when LSG DPC was completed ignoring the suggestions of the Staff Side given both by this Circle Union and Postal JCA (NFPE & FNPO), CHQ and when our earlier observations / apprehensions came out in its original colour with mixed response of strong resentment and silent support from the staff members, no other alternative was left before this Circle Union but to arrange for an emergent Circle Council – Cum – Working Committee Meeting which was held in the premises of Ashoknagar MDG, Bhubaneswar – 751 009 on 26.03.2017 in accordance with the Notification issued vide Circle Union letter No.P3NFPE – Odisha / 08 – 03 / 2017, dated 23rdMarch, 2017 for discussing the reality in details to meet the crisis created out of implementation of the Cadre Restructuring Proposal in Odisha Circle.
All most all the Divisional Secretaries and Circle Union Office Bearers participated in the meeting offering their valuable suggestions pointing out many irregularities in conducting and completing the LSG DPC hurriedly which are briefed as follows.
1. Discrepancy in distribution of Posts : Keeping the number of sanctioned strength constant to 3713, the number of PA, LSG, HSG-II and HSG-I were reduced / enhanced from 3516, 101, 48 and 48 to 2398, 931, 301 and 83 ( 75 plus 8 NFG) respectively in Odisha Circle vide Directorate’s letter No.25-04/2012-PE.I, dated 27.05.2016.
But during allotment by Odisha Circle keeping the number of sanctioned strength constant to 3593 posts, the number of PA, LSG, HSG-II and HSG-I were reduced / enhanced from 3398, 103, 45 and 47 to 2390, 931, 189 and 83 ( 75 plus 8 NFG) respectively vide Chief PMG, Odisha Memo No. EST/1-2/Rlg/2016-Corr, dated 24.06.2016 and 20.07.2016 and posts were identified accordingly vide Chief PMG, Odisha Memo No. EST/1-2/Rlg/2016-Corr, dated 07.10.2016.
Accordingly, due to short allotment of posts, 45 ‘C’ Class NDT SOs and 9 HSG-II posts in Odisha Circle could not be upgraded to LSG and HSG-I which is against the spirit of Cadre Restructuring proposal.
Similarly, distribution of 112 HSG-II posts (301 – 189) was remained in suspense in Odisha Circle.
In this context, while observing the distribution of posts in Tamilnadu Circle, it is seen that LSG posts have been created in Divisional Office, PSD, CSD, Foreign Post etc though the Cadre Restructuring Proposal is meant for post offices only. Had Odisha Circle assessed correctly during distribution like Tamilnadu Circle, the 112 undistributed posts of HSG-II could have been created as Supervisors in Divisional Offices, CBS / PLI CPCs, and as APMs in MDGs and HOs and more number of posts under LSG and HSG-I cadre could have been allotted to Odisha Circle to upgrade 45 ‘C’ Class NDT SOs and 9 HSG-II posts to LSG and HSG-I cadre respectively.
Thus, it is crystal clear that there is gross misinterpretation of Directorate order by Circles and uniformity has not been maintained while implementing the cadre Restructuring proposal amongst Circles which needs to be examined by the Directorate. Since only Odisha and Rajastan Circle have implemented this proposal and 20 Circles are still there to implement it, Circle administration needs to propose the Directorate for additional posts of LSG and HSG-I and redistribute the surplus HSG-II posts remained with them.
2. Non-circulation of up-to-date Circle Gradation List and omission of senior officials : The LSG DPC was completed by Odisha Circle without circulating the up to date Circle Gradation List of LSG officials to the Staff Side and thus the members remained in dark regarding the correctness of the DPC. Many eligible officials of different Divisions like Dhenkanal , Bolangir and Sambalpur are omitted without any valid reason.
It is brought to the notice of this Circle Union that 9 officials of Dhenkanal Division who have been promoted to MACP – III recently vide SPOs, Dhenkanal Division Memo No. B/MACP/Corr/ Ch. I dated 11.01.2017 are ignored for no reasons. Similar is the position in Bolangir and other Divisions.
Thus, Circle administration is required to immediately circulate the up to date Circle Gradation List of LSG officials basing on which the LSG DPC was conducted to establish the correctness of the such DPC.
3. Observance of different guidelines : Only Rajastan Circle has implemented the Cadre Restructuring proposal after Odisha Circle till now. LSG promotion of Odisha Circle has been made vide CO, Bhubaneswar Memo No -ST/26-6(I)/2017 dated 23.02.2017 for 834 officials in accordance with CO,BBSR letter No-EST/1-2/Rlg/2016-Corr Dated 7.10.2016 which contains the instructions/guidelines issued vide Directorate letter No-25-04/2012-PE-I dated 27.05.2016. On the other hand,Rajastan Circle vide Memo No-Staff/1065/Postal/2016-17 Dated 10.03.2017 has given LSG promotion to 987 officials on the basis of Directorate letter No-06-08/2010-SPB-II dated 2.1.2012 and instructions contained in Directorate letter No-06-12/2010-SP.II dated 07.03.2011 and 30.11.2011.
On analysis of the LSG memos of both the Circles, it is noticed that LSG promotion have been given by both the Postal Circles on the basis of different guidelines / instructions of the Directorate and therefore the matter was required to be reexamined about such differences before issue of posting orders in favour of approved LSG officials of Odisha Circle.
That has not been done creating a lots of confusion amongst the staff members.
4. Non-release of Posting orders on same date by the regions: While the posting orders for the approved LSG officials were hurriedly issued by Head Quarters Region, Bhubaneswar vide C O Memo No. ST/26-6(1)/2017(Postal), dated 22.03.2017, Berhampur Region released the same vide its Memo No. ST / 12 – LSG/2017, dated 25.03.2017 and R O Sambalpur vide Memo No. ST/RO/150-9/2017, Dated 25.03.2017 which was posted on 27.03.2017.
Instances have come to the notice of this Union that officials under Head Quarters Region who are fortunate to be posted in the same offices where they were working earlier immediately exchanged their Charge Reports without waiting for the covering memo of the concerned Divisional Heads. This facility could not be availed by the officials of other regions due to delayed release of memos as cited above.
This will seriously affect the seniority of the officials joining late. Such lapses could have been easily avoided to maintain the seniority of all the officials
5. No uniformity amongst regions while issuing posting orders to approved LSG officials: As witnessed, considering the welfare of the staff members, requests of officials to post in their home division without TA/TA has been entertained by Berhampur Region. While the Circle Union welcomes such step of R O, Berhampur, expects similar action also from other two regions.
There should not be any discrimination and uniformity should have been maintained amongst the regions.
6. Injustice to employees of reserved Category: It is seen that the names of some senior officials especially belonging to reserved category are omitted from the approved list of LSG officials issued vide C O, Bhubaneswar Memo No. ST/26-6(1)/2017(Postal), dated 23.02.2017. On query, it was learnt that it is done in accordance with Directorate’s order No. 16-11/2016-SCT, dated 21.10.2016 accompanied the DoPT OM No. 36012/11/2016-Estt (Res), dated 30.09.2016 regarding treatment of SC/ST candidate for reservation in promotion which states, inter alia that no further promotions of reserved category persons to unreserved posts will be made on the DoPT OM dated 10.08.2010. And DoPT OM dated 10.08.2010 clarified that SC/ST candidates appointed by promotion on their own merit and seniority and not owing to reservation or relaxation of qualification will be adjusted against unreserved points of reservation roster, irrespective of the fact whether the promotion is made by selection method or non-selection method. But, when the DPC is convened purely on seniority-cum-fitness basis, though such officials may not be promoted against unreserved posts according to the clarification in DoPT OM No. 36012/11/2016-Estt(Res), dated 30.09.2016, they shall be selected according to their seniority beyond the reservation quota.
Contradictorily, on analysis of the Rajastan Circle Memo No-Staff/1065/Postal/2016-17 Dated 10.03.2017 wherein 987 (Nine hundred eighty-seven ) officials have been promoted to LSG cadre, it is observed that LSG promotion has been given strictly as per Seniority and Fitness basis irrespective of category. The details of LSG promotion given in Rajastan Circle are as under.
Total No of LSG Post
in Rajastan Circle
Category of employees to whom LSG given
Total No. of employees promoted to LSG in Rajastan Circle
% of employees actually promoted to LSG cadre
Reservation % due as per existing reservation rule of Govt of India
Thus, there is gross misinterpretation of Directorate / DoPT orders by Circles and uniformity has not been maintained while implementing the cadre Restructuring proposal amongst Circles which needs to be reexamined by the Directorate.
7. Injustice to Lady & Physically Handicapped employees and employees selected under sportsman quota and Union Office bearers : Postal Directorate vide its letter No. 137-10/2011-SPB.II, dated 18.01.2011 has directed all Circle Heads to identify post offices where basic amenities are not available and take action for providing them immediately. During last 6 years while no such action has been taken either to provide basic amenities or to shift such post offices to suitable accommodations, the Circle administration has violated the above guidelines in posting the lady employees in post offices without basic amenities.
Similarly, in spite of clear instructions to post the physically handicapped officials near their native places, such officials are inhumanely posted to far off places during the current posting. Illustratively, Sri Kalandi Biswal, Ms. Suprava Acharya of Bhubaneswar Division ( both physically handicapped) have been posted to Rasulpur S O under Cuttack North Division and Sabaranga under Bhadrak Division respectively. Similarly Sri Susanta Kumar Dash, P A, Sundergarh Division who is spending his life on a wheel chair has been posted as SPM, Remuli under Keonjhar Division. There are many other cases found in the current posting.
In addition, it is observed that employees appointed under sportsman quota and eligible for availing suitable off for practice are posted as SPMs in single handed offices where it is not at all possible to get flexible time fro regular practice in the present scenario of the Department.
Further, though concession of immunity from transfer from the headquarters of recognized service unions/associations is applicable to their office bearers, the same has not been followed while issuing posting orders by all the three regions.
The above issues could have been taken care of before issuing posting orders in favour of such officials promoted to LSG Cadre in Odisha Circle.
8. Violation of transfer guidelines for posting of husband and wife in the same station : As per instructions contained in Para – 4 (iii) of DoPT OM No. 28034/9/2009-Estt.(A), dated 30.09.2009, it has been categorically stated that the cadre controlling authority may post the spouses belonging to the same central service to the same station.
But the above guideline has not been followed while issuing posting orders in favour of the approved LSG officials by any Regions in Odisha Circle.
Illustratively, Smt. Sanjukta Panda, SPM, Medical College SO under Sambalpur Division has been promoted to LSG and posted to Bolangir Division while her husband Sri Pradeep Kumar Satpathy, P A, Burla MDG has been adjusted in Sambalpur Division consequent upon his promotion to LSG cadre in violation of the above guideline. There are several other cases also in different divisions/regions.
This could have been taken care of before issuing posting order in favour of the approved LSG officials.
9. Managing unidentified posts like SA/BE/Trainers etc. : The approved list contains the name of some SAs, B Es, Trainers, CPC Supervisors and PLI Group Leaders also who are now posted as LSG SPMs in the identified S Os since the existing posts against which these employees are working are neither created nor identified as LSG.
Now question arises as to how these posts will be manned if they are diverted from the current jobs. There may be complete dislocation in undertaking the day to day activities with regard to system failure and software issues if the experienced S As are diverted. Alternatively, if they are retained in their posts, then the proposed LSG posts against the said officials will remain vacant and the T S P As may be forced to work without any financial benefit which will be an injustice to them.
The situation warrants immediate solution without any kind of compulsion to any cadre.
10. Irrational posting causing huge financial loss to the Govt. in the form TA on Transfer : It is observed that no rationality has been maintained while issuing posting orders in favour of the approved LSG officials. Officials who could have been posted within 2 / 3 kilometers from their present place of posting are seen posted in far off places which will be an unnecessary financial burden to the Govt. Such type of postings could have been avoided on the broad principle of minimizing the Inter-station transfers in view of the austerity measure, matching of human resource with requirement and staff welfare as per transfer guidelines issued from time to time by the Department.
Illustratively, we can cite some cases of Cuttack North Division.
Sl. No. in C O Memo No. dated 22.03.2017
Name of the Official
Original place of Posting
Posted after LSG promotion
Could have been posted to
Amount of TA that could have been saved
PA, Kendrapara HO
SPM, Karilopatna (15 KM)`
SPM, Baladebjew (3KM)
Gouranga Ch. Muduli
PA, Kendrapara HO
SPM, Aul (40KM)
Rajendra Prasad Dhal
SPM, Rajnagar (22KM)
Susant Ku. Kar
SPM, Haridaspur (23KM)
SPM, Jenapur(Could have been retained since just posted before 1 year)
Total TA that could have saved only with rational transfer of 4 officials
While as many as 834 officials have promoted and transferred, the loss on account of Transfer TA can be well imagined from the above table which calculated a loss of Rs.226000/- for 4 officials only.
11. Filling up of resultant vacancies created due to declination of promotion : After issue of posting orders by all Regional Heads, it is now witnessed that large number of employees, preferably those at Level 7 of Rs.4600/- and those posted outside their parent divisions are declining the promotion to LSG Cadre even without waiting for one month period given by the administration. Thus, the reliving arrangements so far made by concerned Divisional Heads may not be fruitful if an LSG employee has declined his promotion and working in the same post as usual without handing over the charge to the person going to relive him. The situation may be in a dilemma unless his request for declination is accepted by the competent authority and he/she is posted as P A in some other post offices.
Thus, the resultant vacancies created due to such declination in the parent Division may be filled in by posting back to those surplus officials of the same Division posted outside so that the dislocation in the parent division may be mitigated to a large extent.
12. Immediate filling up of unfilled identified posts : As witnessed, the existing LSG officials now working against the upgraded HSG-II posts have not been transferred and posted against any vacant LSG posts as required.
Thus, since several LSG posts are still vacant in different Divisions, the officials posted outside their parent division might have been adjusted against these unfilled posts which may reduce the current dislocation to some extent.
The Circle administration needs to rethink on the issue.
On the basis of the above observations, the Circle Working Committee-Cum-Council Meeting dated 26.03.2017 unanimously adopted some resolutions to be put forth before the appropriate authority / level for immediate redressal within a reasonable time period.
A copy of the said resolutions is attached here with for kind perusal.
Hope, our Chief PMG will take a definite decision to set right the lapses / irregularities within a reasonable time period and give justice to a huge mass of employees now affected due to their promotion to LSG cadre as a part of Cadre Restructuring Proposal for Group-C postal employees in Odisha Circle.
Attached : As above.
( BRUHASPATI SAMAL)
Posted by Amulya at 12:24:00 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)