Just now All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 value has been released by Labour Bureau. The value of the index stands at 174 level, so in this situation, the Dearness Allowance for Central Government Employees will be rised 10% and total of 45% (35% + 10%).
Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers on Base 2001=100
CPI(IW) Base 2001=100 Monthly Index Letter - JUNE 2010
|MAY 2010||JUNE 2010|
ALL INDIA CONSUMER PRICE INDEX NUMBERS FOR INDUSTRIAL WORKERS
ON BASE 2001=100 FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE, 2010
1. All India Consumer Price Index Number for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) on base 2001=100 for the month of June, 2010 increased by 2 points and stood at 174 (one hundred and seventy four).
2. During June, 2010, the index recorded an increase of 8 points in Varanasi centre, 6 points each in Quilon and Giridih centres, 5 points in 4 centres, 4 points in 8 centres, 3 points in 13 centres, 2 points in 17 centres and 1 point in 19 centres. The index decreased by 1 point each in Ludhiana and Ghaziabad centres, while in the remaining 12 centres the index remained stationary.
3. The maximum increase of 8 points in Varanasi centre is mainly due to increase in the prices of Rice, Wheat, Fresh Milk, Onion, Vegetable and Fruit items, Electricity Charges, Bus Fare, Tailoring Charges, etc. The increase of 6 points in Quilon centre is due to increase in the prices of Rice, Fish Fresh, Onion, Vegetable and Fruit items, Cigarette, Tailoring Charges, etc. and in Giridih centres it is due to increase in the prices of Mustard Oil, Fish Fresh, Turmeric Powder, Vegetable and Fruit items, Soft Coke, etc. However, the decrease of 1 point each in Ludhiana and Ghaziabad centres is due to decrease in the prices of Onion, Vegetable items, Sugar, etc.
4. The indices in respect of the six major centres are as follows :
1. Ahmedabad – 169
2. Bangalore –182
3. Chennai – 162
4. Delhi – 159
5. Kolkata -172
6. Mumbai -171
5. The point to point rate of inflation for the month of June, 2010 is 13.73% as compared to 13.91% in May, 2010.
6. The CPI-IW for July, 2010 will be released on the last working day of the next month, i.e. 31st August, 2010.